Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Website Launch

Well, hello, all newcomers (because at this point, you're all newcomers). This is the official launch of Around the World in 194 Meals! Isn't it exciting?

The website is basically finalized, so I'd like to introduce you, dear reader, to the format thereof.

Up at the top, you'll see pages, starting with "Home" and ending with "Contact Us." These pages are largely static; I won't/can't post posts on them. They contain some basic geopolitical, geographical, and historical information about each continent/region. More importantly, they contain the Sacred Texts ListsTMNot really which contain every nation-state with which we are concerned. When we eat a meal from a particular country, we will put that meal with that country on that list. If I'm feeling fancy I may even hyperlink it to the post in question.

Other pages include the one with (auto)biographies - guess which! I'll put information there regarding myself and my fellow travelers.

Of note, there's a translator at the side. It's pretty spiffy. Given my limited knowledge of Spanish, it appears to work fine (for Spanish, at any rate).

For those of you wondering why I alternate between the first person singular and the first person plural pronouns (i.e. - "I" v. "we"), it's because this blog is a joint effort. When I say "I," I likely mean only myself, Josh. (It's 'cause I author/curate this blog exclusively so far.) When I say "we," I likely mean all of us, or a combination thereof.

Or, and this is the most likely, it's a typographical error. At least it's likely inconsequential.

Regardless, we (and I do mean "we") do our first meal sometime this weekend. Or Monday. Which means before Wednesday you'll likely get an update with some food in it. Catchphrase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't spam or use profanity. Basically, use common sense. Otherwise, tell us what you think about the meal and whatnot. Share your experiences, too!